July 20, 2012
Pay Per Click
Businesses and marketers are always keen to observe the trends with pay per click advertising, as pay per click advertising may be proving to be more beneficial than just aligning efforts to rank sites through organic searches.
Pay per click advertising, essentially paying for advertising to rank at the top of search engines, is an effective method to generate more traffic to websites. In a world of overwhelming information available over the web, it is advantageous for businesses and marketers to have links and information readily available at consumer’s fingertips and in plain sight. Hence the reasons, search engine sites have sponsored ads lining the top part of the pages and right columns. These areas of web pages result in the greatest number of user clicks.
Some interesting pay per click (PPC) advertising statistics and trends are highlighted in this infographic from WordStream:
- Pay per click ad results outweigh organic search results by nearly 2:1 (commercial content)
- PPC accounts for 64.5% of clicks (high commercial intent)
- Top 3 Sponsored links at the top of the Google search page account for 41.1% of the clicks
- Sponsored ads on Google account for over 85% of the page above the fold
- If companies already rank organically, adding pay per click ads results in 89% new visitor traffic
- Click through rates for Google ads are 600 times higher than paid ads on Facebook pages
Check out some more information and trends on pay per click advertising, comparison of SEO and pay per click, and options in paid advertising.
Businesses and marketing specialists should carefully weigh the options of marketing and advertising activities. As in all business activities, marketing plans should be developed, identifying marketing activities and budgets. Pay per click advertising may form part of the advertising campaign, and with all activities, the results of efforts should be tracked, measured and analyzed. You may want to compare the return on investment in pay per click advertising to other forms of marketing and advertising activities in your business.
More on Marketing:
- Marketing Tips for Better Customer Engagement and Results [infographic]
- Online Retail – Strategies That Lead to Better Sales [infographic]
- Digital Marketing – Conversion Opportunities for Business
- Product Mix – Designing Products and Services for the Consumer
- Content Marketing – Targeting Local Markets [infographic]
- Color and Design – Factors Influencing Commerce [infographic]
More business blogs of interest:
Business Plan – The Next Steps
- Business Intelligence – Keeping you Wired In
- SEO Guide to Higher Conversions with a Few Steps [infographic]
- EService, Social Media and Customer Service Trends [infographic]
Business information, resources and tips for the entrepreneur
© 2012 Strategy Plan One