Strategy Plan One
February 27, 2012
The National Retail Federation (NRF) website is an excellent source of information on the retail industry in the US. Here are some amazing statistics, courtesy of NRF:
Retail Jobs and Industry Statistics
- Retail Establishments 3,617,486
- Direct Retail Employment 28,113,476
- Total Retail Employment Impact 41,620,604
- Direct Labor Income $770 billion
- Total Labor Income Impact $1.49 trillion
- Direct Impact on GDP $1.2 trillion
- Total Impact on GDP $2.48 trillion
US Retail Jobs Information Cloud
Retail supports 1 in 4 American jobs.
Retail is directly and indirectly responsible for 18% of the U.S. GDP.
Retail directly and indirectly generates 17% of the U.S. labor income.
Retail Jobs supports 41,620,604 jobs in the U.S.